View Single Post
Old 2012-05-28, 06:17   Link #75
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
but that doesn't really make sense. average genin level ninja who cant stay up past 24 hours should be long dead by now or havent gotten a chance to fight yet.
I didn't say that they can't fight for 24 hours, only that they are quite tired of doing that. They represent the basic level ninja, the average Joe, sometimes they are shown as a measuring stick to show the strength and determination of the named ninjas. They make up the majority of the alliance forces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
the only opponent aside from super power ninjas they could have fought are zetsu clones which should be able to at least handily beat genins. so who have they been fighting for so long? zetsu may not be a fighter by akatsuki's standards, but he can do a lot better than a genin. he was also powered up by kabuto prior to the fight
Well i think you are underestimating the genins, Zetsu-clones are approximately genin level, they are being destroyed like dummies by stronger named ninjas. Otherwise they would be winning the war, but what we see now is that the whole 100,000 Zetsu army is gone by now, while the alliance still has 1/3 of their forces alive.

A Zetsu may somewhat be stronger than an average genin in 1vs1 fight, but a war is about teamwork too, genins follow chuunins and jounins, such an organization should have better results than a Zetsu army which has all the same abilities and power. By that i mean that the power of the allied army should be more than the sum of their individual powers, because of the teamwork. In the current anime episodes we see how the author wants to show us that the teamwork of Kankuro's team made the difference.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote