View Single Post
Old 2011-05-28, 14:50   Link #170
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Episode 20.

In that aspect Minorin is almost exactly the same, also putting up her usual genki girl facade to hide the fact that she's sacrificing herself as well. The awkward tension between her and Ryuuji is as thick as galvanized rubber. The way they're both pushing Ryuuji towards the other is both hilarious and depressing because, in the end, you know someone will definitely get hurt.
And Ami knows this all too well judging from her "Hopefully you'e the only one getting hurt" comment to Ryuuji.

It really is wonderful how sutble this show can be. One thing I noticed is that after Taiga and Ryuuji's convo is over at the start of the episode, Ryuuji thinks "Don't run away, huh?", whilst we have a shot of Taiga who just said that she'll stop coming to Ryuuji's house and take after herself.

And it's amazing how insane Haruta can be sometimes. Intentionally pissing off Taiga? It's like someone wrote his name on a Death Note...

And as expected Ryuuji is also worried about Taiga taking care of herself as much as he's worried about his chance with Minori. He's wondering if it's still worth it. If Taiga hadn't pushed it on him then I think Ryuuji would've given up on her already.

It's always wonderful to see Taiga and Ryuuji interact with the other secondary characters in a big group. It really gives a sense of just how far they've come. Up until Ano Hana, I've always thought Toradora! had the best group dynamics.