View Single Post
Old 2016-11-09, 10:42   Link #2687
HirouKeimou

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Alright, this is going in circles. I'll leave off, since we won't get to any sort of agreement here.
No, it's mainly because I don't share your view of Frontier in general; it's not that good in my eyes.

I don't believe Alto is a good protagonist, is aggravating to watch at times, and honestly hold Isamu above him because I could generally become invested in him more because he did something besides go into total "brood mode" whenever his self-esteem is questioned (ergo, dude literally spends an entire episode brooding over if he is a man or a woman! ).

And finally, Frontier and Delta share elements and events on such a level that it's nearly a direct copy at times. It's not only episode 26, and of course, since no one will dare go ahead and re-watch Delta (because you're going to claim you have a photographic memory which is obviously not true) you'll never see how similar their plot holes in Delta mirror ones in Frontier.

The only thing is, it's more noticeable in Delta because everyone randomly decided Frontier is the pinnacle of Macross and desired for Delta to erase those flaws (or in general any new Macross). Newsflash: Delta does nothing new for the franchise in terms of development overall, nor did Frontier do anything new because it directly parodied SDF-1 and DYRL at times. Unless Kawamori is willing to go in a completely new direction, not like Aquarion Logos but along the lines of abandoning a couple of Macross traits, Macross will not change period. Frontier is not better than Delta, especially its first half, and neither is Delta better than Frontier, especially its second half; both of them are basically not going to win against their predecessors, plain and simple, on the grander scale.
HirouKeimou is offline   Reply With Quote