View Single Post
Old 2012-12-18, 15:50   Link #45
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
Why would the NH fans be glad ?

Neji belittled her feelings by showing they were no different from his or Gaara's. (who told him the same thing in a non-lethal situation)

If anything, Hinata lost credit here, since what was making her special was her will to put herself in danger for Naruto and Naruto is realizing the hard way there are others like her. (and that love and "will to put oneself in danger to protect him" are two distinct things unless he is starting to thing everyone is gay for him)
If you read opinions across different forums, I can tell you right now, that's not how a lot of fans are interpreting things. Honestly, I don't personally feel like getting into a serious debate about this. But to various people, Neji didn't "belittle" Hinata's feelings one bit. On the contrary, some fans are interpreting some of his final words ("Hinata-sama is willing to die for you...so keep in mind...that your life...is not...your own...anymore...it also...includes mine now as well..) to be tantamount to him basically giving his stamp of approval towards the pairing. I guess it's because he didn't bother to include everyone else into that statement. So while you might feel that's exactly what his actions and words implied, I guess plenty of others just aren't seeing it that way. There's also other more subtle things to point out that shippers like myself would notice, but since I don't intend on discussing this topic too much further in this thread, I'll refrain from elaborating.

So yeah, agree to disagree.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote