View Single Post
Old 2010-12-12, 21:20   Link #24
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
I suppose you are right, it could be almost anyone. The dragon born sounds like it refers to the imperial lineage, or maybe an avatar of Talos. Not enough information yet though.
But at the very least the trailer says "He, the dragon born", so a female player character is at least ruled out? Or was that a slip?
Well, at the very least the old hero had to be reincarnated because otherwise you would start with a level 99 character armed with full Orcish armour and a Goldbrand.

The original hero was a man. But all bets are off when the spirit is reborn. Nerevarine was such a reincarnated hero, for example.

It seems all the "Canon" heroes in Elderscrolls end up all being men. But that will never stop me from choosing female avatars of course.

Quote:
final boss was a four armed god of oblivion plain. the dragon god was the good guy.
Yep, my mistake.

Dragons definitely existed in the Elderscrolls universe, or we wouldn't have the main quest of Oblivion. They are probably going to go for the angle of evil dragons vs the NEW humanoid representation of the good dragons. (As the original Dragon-blood royal family had all died.)