View Single Post
Old 2008-07-05, 19:25   Link #178
Seiryuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiyuu View Post
it could be that they simply had a pool session in school just before the episode began..
and that the island is all girls

then all thats left is mio wearing a mizugi.. but she's navy so its ok right? XD
The problem here is that it wasn't only at that time. Sure, this might have been immediately after or before a swim class, and the girls hadn't gotten wet yet, and they'd all snuck away to save the kitty, with their bookbags, and all the other girls in the school courtyard were also fixing to go to the pool, and...
Anyway, one may accept the possibility of that one situation, but even if it's their last class, the girls would likely change at the end of PE, so they wouldn't be going home in swimsuits, and Yoshika wouldn't be sweeping in front of her home in the same outfit. And she CERTAINLY wouldn't be spending day after day doing various jobs on a ship with a crew consisting largely of young men while wearing that, unless that had somehow become the standard. On the plus side, the girls are all fit and trim, and none of them has thought of trying a thong.
BTW, plot-wise, I'll say what I've said in many series discussions: wait at least 3 or 4 episodes. It's most likely that this will remain simply cute girls fighting strange monsters with big guns and no pants, but fanservice is a convenient way to keep an audience watching while they set up for deeper plot twists. I've seen plenty of shows that seem even more innocent(plot-wise) than this suddenly become very, very interesting once the cast has been introduced and even one that stays silly almost to the end can suddenly turn everything on its head.
At the same time, as I said, I won't be surprised if this sticks to being little more than crotch-shots of girls with silly shoes and magically-enhanced artillery. Even then it can still be good for a few laughs. Just keep your pants on when watching this, OK? Especially you, kurukuru.

Last edited by Seiryuu; 2008-07-05 at 19:43.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote