View Single Post
Old 2009-08-27, 12:58   Link #118
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

I wouldn't say I love it by any means, and in fact I think it has some really bad writing decisions and have previously posted stating this, but I have to mention Valkyria Chronicles. I've never seen a series so universally hated in its own sub-forum on this site. It's not a great series but I don't feel it's so unbelievably terrible as to be worthy of all the hate it gets, to the point of all positive aspects being completely disregarded because of the negative and multiple pages of the same people coming up with new ways to say "man this sucks" over and over. I still manage to find it at least entertaining despite some stupid plot points.

Also Phantom ~ Requiem for the Phantom. I've seen a lot of people say something to the effect of "It sucks because it's Beetrain." I'm kind of in a vacuum as I've never played the original game nor seen any other series by Beetrain, and I really enjoy this series just based on its own merits. It's only behind Umineko as the series I look forward to the most every week.