View Single Post
Old 2010-06-02, 03:12   Link #206
Agito Akiyama
Bass-wa Watashi

Send a message via MSN to Agito Akiyama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Komari View Post
To any guitarists here:

I'm looking to buy a bass guitar, a Squier Jazz Bass precisely. I have ~$400 to spend on it, and I'd prefer a metallic color for the body. The pickguard color won't matter, since I'll probably switch it out for a tortoiseshell later. I'm thinking about buying from Guitar Center, but are there any other last minute places I should give a look to buy? I'm in SoCal, and since this will be my first bass, I'm 100% geared towards buying from a physical store, so I can try out what I'll buy.

On a side note, would a tortoiseshell pickguard look good on a metallic blue, red, or green body?
SaintessHeart I'm sorry but I don't agree with you
A starter's bass should not be expensive and the cheap basses today are great, I don't know about the color of the bass but if you are looking to buy a Squier Jazz Bass go for the vintage modified series or the classic vibe, and you'll probably will have a bit of a problem looking for a custom in a starter's bass...

If I was going to begin with bass again, I would go for a Squier Jazz Bass and not the Ibanez GSR200 which today is fretless.