View Single Post
Old 2006-04-13, 03:13   Link #467
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

It's kinda funny but are we becoming like SW fans camping out holding 'candlelight vigils' in cyberspace while we await the next chapter of the Haruhi saga?

This is perhaps the fastest thread on this forum in this season, if not ever. Nanoha A's did not go at this hectic pacing as I recall... nor did AIR. (Makes me really scared as to how bad Kanon TV Rev.2 will be when it hits BS-i this fall).

Kyon:

Muntiacus reevesi
(Reeves's muntjac)
Chinese Name: 山羌

http://animaldiversity.ummz.umich.ed...s_reevesi.html

Muntiacus reevesi has a native range that extends throughout the subtropical forests of southeastern China and Taiwan. It has also become established in England after being introduced at Woburn, England (located in the middle of Bedfordshire county) around 1900. Feral populations may also exist in France, where introduced individuals escaped gardens and zoos. (Chapman, Harris, and Stanford, 1994; Helin, Ohtaishi, and Houji, 1999; Nowak et al., 1983; Southern, 1964)

Biogeographic Regions:
palearctic (introduced ); oriental (native ).
Habitat

Muntiacus reevesi is a forest creature in its native country of China. It creates paths through the subtropical rainforests at moderate elevations, which is why it has been termed by some as a bush hugger. It was observed that muntjacs in general tend to prefer habitats near streams, but evidence of this preference is not strongly demonstrated in the literature for this particular species of muntjac. Chinese muntjacs will fight to defend a fairly specific territory, but males have been shown to tolerate the presence of a subordinate male in their territory so long as that male is not in rut.
panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote