View Single Post
Old 2011-08-28, 20:58   Link #36
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Well - to start off I liked the episode. 8/10 vote from me.

Specifics and random ramblings on the ep....

You know ... Takako still bugs me after all these eps - and almost every single time she pops up on the screen. Well, I am glad she got married and such. Kinda nice to have a "happy ending" for her like that.

Well, Minchi bugs me fairly frequently (I've been wishing Ohana would just slap some sense into her once and just wake her up somehow for a long time now, but Tohru finding out about her crush may have finally done that). Nice to see some "resolution" for her in this ep as well.

Come to think of it, Satsuki bugs me a lot too, but she has more scenes % wise where I can sorta at least understand why she might do something, even if I still don't like her. Actually, on reflection there are quite a few characters in this anime I dislike, even while overall enjoying the series as a whole.

Anyway - back on subject. I thought Tohru handled Minchi's unexpected confession very well. Kinda nice to see his crude, rude manner actually has a sensitive side to him again. I also like Ohana's ... erm ... large-heartedness and ability to often quickly forgive people, like Minchi, for example.

Oh - and I don't mind being trolled with romance themes/sub-plots and the rest. I like that aspect of the series - it seems to fit fine to me. Although the scene with Beanman in women's clothes was not particularly funny to me ... it was just ... weird. Beanman's retirement announcement was kinda unexpected, though.

Hmm ... I liked the ED of this ep though. Kinda nice, even if I still dislike the choice for voices. Hmph.

BTW Archon ... before I forget your new Penguin-drum lyric variation made me giggle quite a bit!