View Single Post
Old 2014-02-01, 12:05   Link #9273
haseo0408

Quote:
Originally Posted by RpR1337 View Post
Not necessarily ... Sun Wukong said that if the populace dies out, then so be it. If the heavens fall, they'll just raise it again, after all, they are gods. He also said that even if the entire humanity goes extinct, the world will still revolve.
Also, Luo Hao said that the strenght of gods lie in their unshakable ego, to the point where even if heaven and earth changes completely or fall apart, they'll still eradicate humanity if they want to.
Well, something along those lines.

But yeah ... btw, follow-up for a question raised a bit back ... as for my opinion, the King of the End is definetly a Heretic God. Actually, the King of the End must be a Heretic God, because he doesn't care about the trouble he causes to others while exterminating the Devil Kings (under the pretense of exterminating them for the good of the people). That's too ambivalent for anything but a Heretic God. Even if he's a hero, his interests are too one-sided. He wants to eradicate the Devil Kings, because he has to. And his interests are too one-sided meaning he doesn't care about the populace. Having the short story about True Lord Erlang is actually wonderful, in order to understand the Heretic Gods' natures - fundamentally, I can say that Athena and Lancelot f.e. are actually sympathetic gods, while Sun Wukong and Perseus aren't. Not because I tend to dote on female characters (won't argue), but because they have a strangely "human" side to them. Most gods will hunt Devil Kings, while Athena actually teamed up with Godou. Lancelot affirmed the existence of humans, and she was even playing pranks, and openly flirting with Godou in the cafe when he was under the effects of "Insane Rush".
That's why True Lord Erlang (acting as an actual benevolent god) is something that should be, therefore, we get a means to understand the nature of Heretic Gods if we compare them to him. Or at least, that's what I try to do.
Sun Wukong was selfish bastard be it in the era of Mythology or in the current world, you canīt expect much consideration from that guy but thatīs axactly my point, many gods sees us humans as necesary while other doesnīt even pay atention to us and we also have the selfish kind like Perseus or Sun Wukong that only care about having a good time. No wonder most campiones find the Gods of Steel so troublesome, their ego is inmense and the only deity more slef-centerd than them must be Narciso, I hope Godou never have to fight Ares because if the greek poems are at least 50% right thatīs the must problematic God of Steel after the King of the End.
haseo0408 is offline   Reply With Quote