Thread: Akb48
View Single Post
Old 2012-03-04, 18:18   Link #69
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miko Miko View Post
They will never be replaced anyway. I love Senbatsu and UG so much right now. I know in the future, it won't be the same, but personally I think this is, potentially, AKB48's best lineup, honestly. Even though members who are a bit older will leave. No other members will top these ones.

I've been listening to them since they released their 1st single. - So I've been following the top few right now. New members won't top them!

I agree that the group is awesome, but that's mainly because the core members are still consists of 1st to 4th gen members and has been in group long enough and has drives as well unequaled stage experience.

I mean, Morning musume was the same, the group in the early 2000 was consider as a dream team because members has (at time) the experience and being through various elimination process.

The difference with AKB48 is that most core members are still young at around 20 and they have much more performance experiences through the 48 theater and the fact they have to claw their way to top and pretty much willing to do anything also gives them advantages.

I was watching AKB Variety shows. The stuff they are willing to do are pretty impressive. From bungie jump, to skydiving, to eating scorpion/ants/bug, to go through lie detectors, to simple pie in the face. They don't just view themselves as idol and willing to do anything as long as it furthers their popularity.

The issue now is that if newer members or even members in UG class can't raise their game, then there is no other place but down for AKB48. Besides in say 5 years, the old members simply have to leave the group due to age. Which would also explain why old member are start to seeing that their have responsibility to make sure the newer members gets it. Just like the old team A members (1st gen did) since many of them continued to work hard until they are more or less forced out due to age.

Sure they can go the SMAP way and stay in group but then lower tier members with feel pressured and pressed and either way is not good long term.

Which is why I feel that the emergence and continued success of sub groups like No3b, French Kiss, Not Yet, Diva, and Wata-tai are incredibly important as it offers an outlet for older members to not get restrict by AKB48 name and at same time they can also takes lessor known member with them.

The good thing is that if last year's voting is any indication, Sashi is starting to lead a charge of lower gens to challenge the earlier gens also with the central figures in SKE and NMB and Office 48 is slowing turning into a mixture of Johnny's and Broadway where they provide an training/performing ground while giving members the 48 aura.