View Single Post
Old 2010-06-17, 16:23   Link #244
wistfulloner

9.5/10, but rounded off to perfect score. Good things are really worth waiting for, it seems!

I just finished off the camrip; it really wasn't that bad save for some unfocused parts, but they were overshadowed by the dazzling atmosphere Kyoani has created since the first Haruhi episode. Everything feels right in place, from the usual craziness when an SOS meeting is underway straight to Kyon's horror realizing he's trapped in another world. Animation is top notch too, as can be expected from Kyoani.

All those who are holding out for the DVD, give in I say, you will love me for it.

Its hella long, almost 3 hours, but I enjoyed every millisecond of it, laughter, suspense and all. I had a very rough idea of how the story would go, but there were so many plot twists I was more than pleasantly surprised, especially when:

Spoiler for kyon:

While I was watching it, Disappearance always felt like the Japanese answer to Hollywood "lets blow shit up" films to me. There were many arching themes to ponder over in the film, while it built a time traveling tale complex enough to leave you confused for a while. It's definitely one of the more meaningful films I've watched in a while.