Thread: Licensed Negima Manga Discussion
View Single Post
Old 2012-03-14, 23:08   Link #8379
TheBigBoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Excuse me? You really mean it that the movie has a better ending?
You must be joking: while it uses a copout harem ending that smell laziness all around (which can be acceptable to some degree due to negima genre), it does not solve anything to the slightest, regarding the main plot. Instead of adding points of the main plot, the movie literally ignore them, mixing with non sense (complete memory wipe? really?) and -also- bring offscreen stuff (hello Nagi and Arika showing up out of-NOWHERE-, worse than 355 chapter?)

I can understand to some degree that the manga ending disappointed people, but to compare it with the movie is just ridiculous.
I'm sorry for not making it clear but I meant it more in terms of structure than in terms of content. I'd rather have something like the movie, which doesn't leave a doubt that the MW was the final arc and that what you're watching/reading after it is just a quick wrapup for the series, then pretending to stretch the series for another arc, building up expectations for something serious to happen next, and suddenly giving up on that midway.

Oh, and by "ending" I'm actually counting everything since the manga and the movie split, in other words, everything since chapter 335. If you consider that, both endings are equally terribly written and forced IMO. It's bad storytelling. No pacing, no foreshadow, not a single sign that the story was slightly planned.

If you're not going to explain any mysteries or give the series a proper climax, why strech the series for 20 more fan-service chapters with nonsense stuff like Fate becoming a teacher and stupid mini-arcs filled with out-of-character actions? Sincerely, I'd rather have 3 rushed chapters that focused on Negi finding his father then 2 whole volumes about new stuff that's gonna be thrown away forever when the author abandons the story (ex: space elevator, Akira pactio, drama because of Asuna's sacrifice etc).
TheBigBoo is offline   Reply With Quote