View Single Post
Old 2007-06-13, 12:03   Link #76
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

It took a while, but Lucky Star is beginning to rank up there as one of Kyo-Ani's best shows, much to the chagrin of certain naysayers.

To start with -

Poor Tsukasa-chan nearly broke her new phone after she got her hands on it (and poor Tamama as well).

First thing Tsukasa-chan does with her mobile is to toy around with SMS texting, slowly, greatly pissing her sister off.

After getting used to it, she begins to spam Kagamin endlessly, even when they're under the same roof. LOL

And Tsukasa's just so kawaii when she's already thinking she's good enough to teach her dad how to text.

Miyuki doesn't appear a lot, but when she does, she just makes people laugh at her air-headed cuteness.

The part with Anime Tencho was so WTF it's actually funny. At first I didn't know about the cameo by Anime Tencho and was already LOLing at it, after learning about it, I rewatched it and LOL'ed even more, again and again.

Way to go, Kona-chan's dad. First thing he thinks of the Hiiragi sisters is them dressed in miko costumes simply because their family opens a shrine.

Like Kona-chan, I too wonder how her mom Kanata ended up with such an otaku dad like Soujirou.

Kona-chan was spot on when she said TV programs (in Japan) are beginning to look just like 2ch. I don't know how to describe it, but I just get that feeling everytime I see these clips on YouTube. Maybe I'm oversimplifying things.

Speaking of which, it's not surprising for Kona-chan to not use too much otaku-lingo when hanging out with her (non-otaku) friends, otherwise they wouldn't be able to understand her properly and she'd be stuck with other otakus instead. It's good to have a change in scenery for a while, in other words, "get a life".

Tsukasa-chan and Kagamin swapping hairdos.

When asked what type of person Kona-chan prefers, first thing that came to my mind was "purple-haired Tsunderekkos".

Finally, KAGAMI-SAMA! ROFLMAO Simply classic. I wonder if we should call her that from now on.

To be honest, I wasn't that looking forward to Lucky Channel this week, but Shiraishi totally saved the day by upstaging Akira-sama, much to her annoyance.

BTW Is their really a need to redefine the term "tsundere" as Shiraishi has suggested?

This deserves no less than a 10/10.