Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2009-08-20, 04:56   Link #3651
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Kira01 View Post
I don't get it.

How is glycine an ingredient for life? What does it mean by "ingredient for life"?

Isn't it used as collagen of some sort?
Glycine is one of the 20 amino acids found in protein, in part of a genetic sequence which makes up us.

If I am not wrong, it is due to the RCH in the NH2-RCH-COOH configuration which defines the amino acid that makes such a sequence possible due to condensation reaction (often done in the presence of sulphuric acid, phosphoric acid or aluminium oxide). I suspect it to be the comet heating up when travelling at high speeds when coming close to atmospheres, as aluminium oxide is common on comets, thus culminating in the reaction of peptide bonds and giving birth to protein chains.

Besides Glycine has got a simple structure, so I supposed it is probably made from the ice (hydrogen and oxygen) and dust (carbon). Nitrogen is a very abundant element, so it probably got stuck onto the comet from somewhere. In short, the glycine found could just be part of a chance reaction that occured on random.

Can someone good in statistics calculate the chance of forming such an organic substance taking into account Le Chatelier's Principle?

P.S I failed Chemistry when taking my 'A's. PLEASE doublecheck and inform me if there are any mistakes because I am explaining everything from my rusting memory.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.