Thread: Hajime no Ippo
View Single Post
Old 2008-09-06, 10:16   Link #90
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooMooFarm View Post
According to Bakuman, Sports mangas suck balls in popularity. Just because POT did well and ES21 is popular atm doesn't mean most sport mangas succeed. It's generally the suck.

This community and it's people most likely do not represent or have any form of knowing the japanese community, so that aspect of sales is ignored. Let's look at the other form, and that's overseas. When done by translating companies, or dub companies, let's look at our magnificant products.

Oh wait, pretty much every series got butchered beyond belief besides DBZ (IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAAANDDDDD) Do you really think HnI would work for an audience that's too DUMB to look online for free stuff and READ instead of DUR MUST HAVE IT IN ENGLISH/NATIVE LANGUAGE. Fact is, the people who can appreciate these works overseas are the people who can get it for free. The people who pay either pay because they support the mangaka and have already access to it, or people who just want to try it but are NOT long term investors.
Hmmm. Good point. Point taken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooMooFarm View Post
Yeah and of course, for the japanese community, they frigging cut off Mx0 yet Naruto is still ever so popular. Enough said.
This is now 3 consecutive threads I sunscribed to that remind me of the tragic fate of Mx0. That was one of the best and funniest mangas I have read and it had so much potential....and they were CONSISTENTLY WELL DRAWN, something not so prevalent nowadays. T_T I wish I was super-filthy-rich so I could personally sponsor my fav unanimated and unfinished works like the aforementioned and Fairy Tail. I'd pay top dollar to see a FMP! season 4 and 5, though they claimed its coming in '09. Right..
cloak_and_dagger is offline   Reply With Quote