View Single Post
Old 2008-11-22, 21:09   Link #593
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
OK, so if a black man kills a few other black men, should I only care about what black people have to say about it? And if I find a black girl to tell me it was OK, then it was, and nobody needs to go to jail?

And no, Marie isn't the one I'm trying to defend. She's not the one who got murdered. She just happens to have a background similar to theirs.

You want to talk about Super-Soldiers' feelings? How about that of the kid saying "Allelujah, I don't want to die"? How about the feelings of the screaming children dying a fiery death?
Marie knows.
She knows better than you or me, at least.

And A-Laws was certainly not interested in the dead kids. So no one is going to throw Al into jail because like it or not, the only people who cared about those kids in the entire world is Al and Marie.

(And using your example, if black people believe the death of one of their own was somehow justified, there must have been a REASON. It certainly would not be because the people you talked to were psychos, it would just mean they know more than you do in what happened.)