View Single Post
Old 2011-11-29, 14:53   Link #75
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by mecharobot View Post
About the french loli show, I do think the main cast is pretty tired (well, maybe not the grandpa). There is the uncaring male, the naive and submissive little japanese and the ADHD bimbo. That's what I was left with watching the show. I wanted some subtlety. At least Hanasaku tried to put a little spin on its characters (but on the other hand failed to define them other than in terms of being weird, plus their chemistry was chaotic).

Then again, there is only one of these kind of shows that I like (daily life, character focused). Which is strange considering that I don't consider myself hard to please.
No problem ... if you did not like it and were disappointed by it that's how it is.

I guess the reason why Enzo and I were so surprised is that for me it has been my fave show of the year - I read the available manga volumes before the series aired and loved them and absolutely loved the series as well - and for Enzo (if I may speak a little for him here) although he did not read the manga ahead of time iirc he really enjoyed the series as it aired; it was a big "surprise treat" for him.

But, you know how the old folk phrase goes: "Every frog praises their own swamp."