View Single Post
Old 2012-01-08, 13:42   Link #5
Oroboro
Endless Sorceror

Howdy. First time here, but I've been reading the forums for a bit ever since I finished Ep8. Saw this topic being brand new and figured I might as well share what I have.

- I stumbled across mention of Witches and Woodlands just the other day and it looked interesting, but the authors website was done blog style and I couldn't really get a good summary of the project as a whole. I guess it's basically just a patch you replace over the game folders, right? I'll definitely check that out.

As for my own contribution, I recently finished a story of my own, "The Turn of Haruhi Suzumiya." http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7583784/...aruhi_Suzumiya

It is (probably obvious but) a crossover of "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya" and Umineko.

A basic summary: "For the second summer vacation trip, the SOS Brigade visits the island of Rokkenjima. Expecting a simple trip of camping, hiking, and pretend mystery solving on a long deserted island, Kyon and Haruhi instead find themselves pulled into the game board, intruding into the Ushiromiya family conference of October 4th, 1986. Knowing full well the ultimate fate about to fall upon the island’s inhabitants, Kyon must race to solve the mystery and find the truth; before they end up as just another mysterious death in Rokkenjima’s endless cat-box."

It is ultimately a Haruhi story before an Umineko one - Kyon is the main character and Narrator, and everything that happens is seen through his eyes. But I've tried to keep the feel and spirit of Umineko there as well, so if anyone happens to be a fan of both stories than I can offer that much.

As for Umineko spoilers, there's nothing really too specific spoiled, but I used ideas and themes from pretty much every episode. Without context it might not really count as spoilers anyway, so.

Thanks!

Last edited by Oroboro; 2012-01-08 at 13:56.
Oroboro is offline   Reply With Quote