View Single Post
Old 2012-04-25, 08:37   Link #678
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
(reads thread) ..... o.O

Ah well, I found the first episode interesting enough to merit more watching. I have 3-5 episode probation on any series no matter who produces it. I haven't even decided what I'd tag the series as yet.

It intrigues me enough to give it more episodes before deciding. I keep saying that it is just too bad that Hyouka had bad timing, the competition is much much stronger than six years ago.

I mean, if I can name one series I decided to drop after the first episode, it is Upotte. Because I can't find myself to care about the characters, the premise and its "humor". Whereas the other series by Xebec was full of energy, a good character cast and tickles my nerd nerve. At least I am caring for the characters in Hyouka.

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post

So basically, I can definitely respect how many people think the first episode might have been boring, but I'm thinking nobody should speculate what the overall series is going to feel like. That's rule number 1 in the book of no-nos in reviewing and fair judgment.

That's funny because that is EXACTLY what a certain reviewer in anidb IS DOING, especially for ongoing series like Fate Zero and Jormungand. Woah, just when I think that guy couldn't be more fail.