Thread: Licensed Girls und Panzer
View Single Post
Old 2013-03-26, 23:01   Link #5643
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well the total weight with the Type 89 on the Maus is probably around 200 tons., but the Maus is still on the ground so the Hetzer wasn't taking the entire weight.
The weight of the Maus is destributed across the front on the Hetzer and the rear of the Maus. Plus I looked more carefully at it. The Maus was trying to back up, but probably couldn't get enough traction with the Hetzer continually driving into it.

Now if the Type 89 has enough weight to top the turret motor from turning the turret? Maybe, though the Type 89 was also turning into the turret as well to push it back. One wouldn't think an engineer would overpower the Maus' motors to move more than it should by much. Enough so that moving the turret won't strain the motors, but adding 20% more weight against it might not be up to specs.

The shot from the Panzer IV is not so iffy, though I wonder about how it got up there to make the shot while holding position like that.

I would have thought they would have let the Type 89 down before the Hetzer withdrew, but she was under enough stress as it was without being driven over again.

(Is Momo just that emotional, or did she have hay fever during the parade.)