Thread: Licensed Girls und Panzer
View Single Post
Old 2013-03-27, 01:11   Link #5657
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
I'm going to guess the Porsche Tiger was the command model: the single one that was actually fielded, with the 200 mm frontal armor. Perfect for parking somewhere and holding the enemy at bay. Its biggest flaw is its unreliable engine: when it can just sit somewhere and hold a position, it's a freaking fortress.
The problem with fortresses is that they can be avoided or flanked - Leopon Team were fortunate in that they were able to position themselves where KMM had no choice but to go through them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk View Post
It is not that vindictive maybe except for Shiho, who I think we are still supposed to dislike.

There were an enormous amount of Awesome and Heartwarming scenes being played out in front of their eyes while they have been acting like doofuses. It is not surprising if by the end of the fight at least some of them were already thinking "I think I may have joined the wrong Tankery school."

And then if Shiho gives them aggro post-fight, it is not hard to believe that they might say "[censored] this. I'm out of here" even before Shiho can fire them.

And they find true happiness in Oarai. That's not such a bad ending, is it?
I don't think they'd be allowed to bring their tanks with them though, as it's school property. And that's before we get into the issue of whether Oarai can actually afford maintenance on those tanks - I had some major problems with maintaining my newly bought tanks in World of Tanks, having just enough cash to buy the tank... and barely enough to keep it running and repaired. I was so happy to finally get to Tier V...

Mind you, we see this in real life and business, and a great many other paradigms: it's not the purchase price that kills you, it's the maintenance.

Also regards thoughts of sticking Miho in a Tiger for next year, I'm going to go on a limb and say that I think that isn't a good idea, because she and her crew are hell on treads with that Panzer IV Ausf G; that tank pretty much complements Miho's style.

Something interesting that hasn't been commented on: the Volleyball Club were in senshado this year since they didn't have enough members for their club, and their aim was to drum up publicity so that they could have a Volleyball Club next year. Except that, as the sun sets, they decide to do senshado again next year. Assuming they're 2nd-years like Kampfegruppe Miho, that means that they're giving up on their goal - reviving the Volleyball Club - for the senshado team.

That's rather touching.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote