Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Darling in the Franxx
View Single Post
Old 2018-05-05, 18:56   Link #2794
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The new OP couldn't have foreshadowed Zero Two's death any harder, to the point I'm thinking they're screwing with us and she won't actually die.

I'm a bit disappointed they decided to go with a timeskip. They totally swept the giant klaxosaur hand over the rug, and I wish we could have heard what Hiro told the others about Zero Two, even if we can easily guess. I was glad we at least got to see the reunion scene, showing Zero Two ashamed of facing the others and Ichigo making the first step. Good stuff.

Anyway, these minor grievances aside, I really enjoyed the episode. It warmed my heart that Zero Two is completely fitting in now. However, I'm a bit uneasy about the fact she's probably still hiding things from the others. Her reaction after seeing Miku's gray hair was pretty telling. There's no way she doesn't know what it means. I understand it must be tough for her to come out and say it though. There are also Goro and Ikuno getting fevers, which can't be good. So many death flags raised in just one episode. The only ones that seem relatively safe are Mitsuru and Kokoro.

I wonder what Franxx expects from them. What he said to Nana was also intriguing, and seemed to confirm she and Hachi used to be Parasites as their names indicate, which means there is still hope for the main characters.

And we finally got our blue oni, the so called Klaxosaur princess. APE seemed like they were ready to get rid of Zero Two if the princess joined their side. And vice versa.