View Single Post
Old 2007-03-23, 15:18   Link #20
evenex

Quote:
Originally Posted by lommm View Post
i think for people who are opposed to them being secret lovers, they need to see this nagisa oshima/beat takeshi movie called Gohatto or Taboo (look it up on wiki or imdb). it's about how the samurai used to keep a bishie type as their lover while they were in a monastary or training grounds or battlefield. i always pictured the two of them as having some kind of relationship like that. true companion that actually crosses the line into a sexual relationship.

i know it's just gross to some people, but seriously, NSW may be joking a little... but maybe not. there are way too many signs that something else is going on for them to be 'just comrades' ... the flashbacks were the best proof. just think of how yumichika was lying around near ikkaku while ikkaku was healing from his wounds...

from wiki article on homosexuality in japan: "From religious circles, same-sex love spread to the warrior class, where it was customary for a young samurai to apprentice to an older and more experienced man. The young samurai would be his lover for many years. The practice was known as shudo, the way of youth, and was held in high esteem by the warrior class."
Okay... (even though I went to Japan for a few years and never heard about that. Are you sure it's only said by sum idiots that messes up wikipedia? Cause there are sum random people that do that. Lol) and I don't think this has to do with a Shinigami anime... they do have a really close bond though! Oh well. Maybe we'll find out l8er