View Single Post
Old 2013-10-17, 23:19   Link #18280
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusaja View Post
Speaking of Star Trek, Worf from TNG eventually became a regular on Deep Space Nine but he didn't take any room away from the new characters. I see Lelouch's involvement as something similar to a famous guest appearance or even less intrusive, since he's got another persona and the core narrative isn't constructed based on him. Lots of stuff happened before he arrived. I see him as a factor that will bring chaos to the situation, but the actual web of character relationships goes around Julius, not through him. Akito and Shin aren't at odds because of anything Julius did. Leila is curious about Akito and has to deal with the new Japanese characters as well as her superiors, etc.

To make this semi-relevant, the homepage for Akito has a new main image.

http://www.geass.jp/akito/

Lelouch/Julius and Suzaku are there, but they're a bit smaller in size than Shin.

They're not on the Limited Edition packaging for the second episode though, which has Shin and Asura.

http://www.geass.jp/akito/bddvd2.html
I already know how you feel Kusaja.
However, let's not forget that in ST The Next Gen, a minor character--Chief O'Brien--became a major character in DS9.
However, my point is that an entirely new set of characters would have been preferable than using the old ones.
WHY?
Because Lelouch's story is complete (or was).
Unless Sunrise is planning something else (like changing R2).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Gravity View Post
I really don't know why we are jumping to the conclusion that he's going to take center stage. Actually, that would be inefficient for Sunrise.

1. Jun Fukuyama undoubtedly charges an arm and a leg for his voice acting (and rightfully so).

2. Based on 5 years' careful monitoring of the Lelouch fanbase, Sunrise knows that they can get away with barely even showing an ounce of Lelouch in order to keep that audience hooked. Anything that contained even one frame of Lelouch instantly became the object of perpetual fixation for fans, giving them the opportunity to make a killing on side materials. Especially in instances where he has been placed in novel circumstances.

Why hemorrhage money when even a brief picture drama reels in the dough?

Basically, they are throwing me a bone. Woof.

So if he has a role on par with, say, Jeremiah -would the series still be tainted for you? How small does the role have to be? V.V.? Rivalz? Arthur?
Then Lelouch should only have a cameo (as Zero) in new info or the like.
If the only way they can draw in fans is by having Lelouch in it, then the story is already DOA in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azul120 View Post
If they're going to have Lelouch used as a puppet like this, they should just retcon the final stretch of R2, because then the ZR becomes overkill even more so.
Yep.
I concur.
Unless we're seeing a retcon in action (which is possible), I really can't find anything appealing about Lelouch being in Akito.
I want to know about Akito and Leila, not Lelouch, CC, and Suzaku (I already know their stories).