View Single Post
Old 2004-04-09, 14:06   Link #37
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight
Whether the series is "awesome" or not is quite subjective mb81. I'm downloading it now, but other peoples comments so far are only backing up my preconceptions that this is just another garbage fanservice ripoff from GONZO again. Explosions, T&A, and mass fanservice don't make a good series, but I'm sure it will "sell" well with the teenie-boppers who don't expect more -- something like a PLOT More comments when I watch the episode, but I turned down encoding it for a reason ;D

With rare exceptions like Last Exile and Full Metal Panic, GONZO hasn't produced anything else in the way of GOOD anime in a long time. Fanservice != Great Series, its just a sure-fire way to make some money pandering to teens with ecchi.
Well, I'd give Baku Ten the benefit of doubt. So far the actions look only so-so, but then it's just the first episode and it seems the second episode will have some more action. Also the plot has barely started yet, and GONZO can do some good plots at times even with series full of fan-service and CG effects, ie. Vandread series.
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote