View Single Post
Old 2008-07-02, 15:32   Link #900
Eps~
Busy busy busy
*Graphic Designer

Weapon flash part I: Render

---

Difficulty: medium (you should have basic knowledge of animations)
Time: several minutes

---

This is what we'll be doing:

You will be able to do the above animation on any kind of solid object you want, guns, axes, cars, etc.

---

Step 1: At the start we need to make the gradient needed for this animation. Your colours should be on default (D) - black foreground and white background. Make a new image twice the size of the render on which you will apply the animation. Since my original render was 300 × 120, I will make the new image 600 × 240. On the new image, select the reflect gradient and on a 45° angel in the middle of the image, make the gradient. For more help, see bellow images:

Step 2: Back to our render. Only select the weapon you are working on, copy and make a new layer out of it.

Step 3: Duplicate the weapon layer. Now on the layer, select the weapon using the magic wand tool. Back in the gradient image, copy it and paste it into the selected weapon render (CTRL+SHIFT+V). You should get something like this:

Step 4: Move the gradient on the weapon to the start:

Step 5: You have the basic idea. Create a number of layers and repeat the above steps, but this time place them all over the weapon area, starting from left to right (or vice versa). Remember to select the weapon with the magic tool and copy into the selected area. How many you need depends on the size of the weapon layer. Once you have everything covered, it should look like this:

Step 6: On each gradient weapon layer, change the blending option to screen, which will eventually get you this:

Step 7: Now animate the render. Tween it or do it with your prefered style. (each weapon gradient layer in each frame):

---

Like I mentioned before, you can use this flash on any solid object you wish - be creative

Weapon flash part II: Reflections