View Single Post
Old 2012-12-10, 23:11   Link #22
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I haven't seen anything to indicate Haru's punches and kicks are anything more than mere punches and kicks. The same kind you can simulate from watching a movie, fighting game, or anime.
Silver Crow is a lot taller, thinner and more flexible than Haru is. It's a completely different body that he has no experience controlling.

Further, there's no way that Haru could execute a jumping heel-kick, or a spinning roundhouse. Again, it would take more leg-strength and flexibility than he possesses in real life, let alone skill.

The game is obviously making up for his deficiencies in unarmed combat by allowing him to execute various punches and kicks even when he doesn't understand -- on a muscle-memory level -- HOW to do them.

Quote:
Taku's fight against Noumi definitely showed the difference that true skill makes.
Dusk Taker doesn't have a sword. He could fake having one with his unnamed Incarnate Skill, but his avatar didn't have "thrust, stab, parry" or whatever the Punch/Kick equivalents would be.

Cyan Pile doesn't have a sword either; his Cyan Blade is also produced by cheating the system. However, his avatar was MEANT to use a close-combat weapon, AND he already had kendo skills before becoming a Burst Linker.

So, Dusk Taker would not have had the training wheels, and Cyan Pile didn't need to have them.

Quote:
Remember, Kuroyukihime even mentioned that physical fitness in the real world makes you stronger and faster in the Accelerated world. It only stands to reason that skill and muscle memory would further that.
Not "stronger", no. I doubt that Brain Burst increases your avatar's strength in regards to your real muscle strength.

But I agree with the rest.