View Single Post
Old 2013-04-18, 18:39   Link #516
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tusjecht View Post
As far as it has been observed, Black and colourless avatars are grouped under "Colourless", that is, they belong to neither the chromatic circle nor the metal colour chart.
Partial conjecture.

Given our limited understanding of the significance of the Black/White scale, we cannot say that Black does not belong to the chromatic wheel.

I also cannot follow you on the matter of gemstones. On the one hand, you say the author has never used them, and then you point out Tourmaline Shell, whose color is named after a gemstone.

Are you suggesting that a third color spectrum exists for gemstones? Because in the absence of such a chart, I would assume that Tourmaline and Ruby are simply shades of Blue and Red.

Otherwise we might look at the existence of Blood and conjecture that a chart of fluid colors exist, with others like Tears, Urine or Pus.

Chocolate Puppeteer is presumbly just a Brown (Near-Black Orangish?) avatar, rather than someone belonging to a food chart.

Quote:
Tourmaline Shell's name in kanji can be translated as "Electric Gem", and this property rendered him immune to freezing attacks.
I don't see how electrical generation lends to immunity to freezing, unless his generators produce a lot of waste heat or the electricity itself is hot enough once produced to ward off the cold and vaporize the water.

I think that Metallic avatars are not unique in having special vulnerabilities and resistances to certain kinds of damage. I think what makes them unique in that regard is that they very definitely have such strengths and weaknesses, and that their bodies don't need to be built weird.

For example, a Red avatar with laser-based guns may be extremely vulnerable to heat and fire, because his weapons are already prone to overheating. Extreme ambient temperatures might cause his weapons to overheat faster and sustain damage from less use.

Another Red avatar who uses missiles might be vulnerable to flaming or electrical attacks that could cause those missiles to explode.

If Chocolate Puppeteer's body really is made of chocolate, it would be weak against... well, basically EVERYTHING.