View Single Post
Old 2013-01-06, 04:00   Link #196
Ceral
はりゃほれうまうーっ!

Rewatched the op like 30 times, I love it. Was expecting something along the lines of oniai or H dekinai and that I would lose interest in the series fast, but just this OP alone has hooked me.

I love the harmony of all the girl's voices in the OP, every preceding and proceeding line is perfect in pitch and tone, it's just a constant barrage of the cutest sounding lines. The lines alternate between sounding soft and loud at just the right times so my interest keeps getting re-peaked and all I can do is want is to listen to more. I could loop this for a looooong time. It's MOE!

Best OP I've seen in years (For what would appear to be a moe comedy?), grabbed my attention and gave me a feeling that this show would be a lot of fun right off the bat. It had me feeling euphoria just a few seconds into the OP sequence. It's such a lovely tease. The colors grabbed my attention immediately, the colors in the OP were very contrasting, there's a lot of bright and warm colors (Mostly the flowers) along with the cool faded colors of the characters. All the movement and the camera swings along with the sweet faces, there's just so much that grabs the eye. "Help me! I can't stop watching!" Unfortunately it looks like all the warm colors in the OP come from things that are "out of place". So the colors that dazzled me eyes in the OP seemed pretty ordinary during the actual show. The animation was still pretty unique, but I could understand if one thought it was boring. Personally after all the short series I've viewed this week, I can't complain about this animation.

Well I did end up watching the actual show, after getting my expectations sky high from the OP, I was a little worried about a let down. Well it was inevitable that I'd experience a let down but the show was decent. It's A-1 afterall, hard to not love a series by A-1. I liked the childhood friend segment the first half, sweet, cute and funny. The second half felt a little too close to something I just saw in chuunibyou. Arienai plot, felt a little bored during it, just too forced. Oh well, hopefully it picks up. I was hoping for something more fun after that fabulous OP. I guess this has a bit of drama? Seems to be the case but A-1 should be able to pull off both drama and comedy parts. Looking forward to seeing more.

Last edited by Ceral; 2013-01-06 at 04:53. Reason: Added more thoughts after watching another dozen times
Ceral is offline   Reply With Quote