View Single Post
Old 2007-08-11, 21:15   Link #54
Echoes

A lot of people feel that the show took a turn for the worse after the L-arc came to a conclusion. Though I still think they kept it fresh and interesting, I can understand why some dislike the last 12 episodes. The boys did not "pop out of nowhere", however. They were taken a from an orphanage owned by Watari, which sole purpose was to take care of gifted children, and determine who'd be worthy of carrying on the role as L.

Light stuck with the same people because anything else would have been suspicious and not very beneficial. Had he suddenly left the investigation, or worse yet, killed everyone, like you suggested, the fact that he was Kira would have been obvious. Hiding out anywhere would have been incredibly hard, as he would have been wanted across the globe, and they'd of course keep a track of his flight record.

I suppose he could have pushed for more support from the president, but I don't even know if he'd agree to shoot his own innocent citizens.

Mikami didn't stab himself because it didn't occur to him. It might not even have been a strategic thing in the first place, seems to me it was more out of desperation and despair than anything.

They might have off'ed Light because of the whole moral issue, but it might just as well have been a legitimate part of the plot, I wasn't that happy with the outcome, since L was already dead, I didn't really care much for Near or his associates. You might even say I hated them.

Now... Why would there be a nuclear war because Kira died? It's not like there were many countries blatantly supporting Kira in his quest. The only reason he had the States behind him was because the president feared for his life, if anything, he'd be happy that Kira died. I can't imagine any country with a religious government supporting Kira, since he disregards all and any religion, claiming to be the founder of his own. I highly doubt any country capable of producing nukes would be on his side, much less try to avenge his death.