View Single Post
Old 2008-06-30, 02:05   Link #158
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

OK, this might get long, so if it does I apologize in advance.

As some might be aware, my posting on this forum has dropped quite a bit in the last month. This isn't intentional, but unfortunately real life circumstances are not as good as I would like.

I won't go into detail, but essentially the mortgage crisis has hit my mother very hard and she is losing her home. Because of this, I have been fighting very hard to help her keep home but it's a losing (and very stressful) battle. As I have learned, when companies claim they are willing to help it's only halfway - at the end if things don't agree with their bottom line they are willing to take any loss.

What this means for me is that I haven't been around much to handle the SOTM. In a way it was inevitable, I couldn't keep running the contest by myself forever, and eventually I would have to make a public appeal for help. Thankfully last month KiNA helped with putting the entry list together and Marina helped with vote counting. However next month is the beginning of a very shaky period where I can't guarantee that I will be around to manage things very often.

To that end, for the month of July at least, I will need regular Fan Creation posters who would be willing to assist with gathering the Entry List and counting votes. If you are interested post here or private message me and we'll work out the details.

I am very very proud of the SOTM and it has grown from a small idea to a regular contest that continues to bring out some of the best (and sometimes the worst ) in everyone who participates. This is something that I fully expected to fail after a few months and it's not only still going, it's thriving. This wouldn't be possible without the regular support of the Animesuki members and staff who continue to help make this a fun event that anyone can participate in.

Thank you, everyone, for helping to make these forums not just a great place to visit, but a home away from home.