View Single Post
Old 2009-02-03, 08:22   Link #1918
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
[QUOTE=arkhangelsk;2195867]

Energy, because it is massless, goes at lightspeed. How will you trap it in a sphere? And don't say it is magic. And how can you create enough structure for a tool when all the luxons are flying around at lightspeed (in fact they can't go at any other speed).

"Magic" ^_^

Assuming it's acting as either magic light, or magic particle, the same way you trap it in a particle accellerator. 'Magic' magnetic field.

Quote:
What particles is it accelerating? And an "accelerator" is functionally analogical to a "pump" - as a means to move particles around.
Different principles of acelleration between the typical 'pump'. In this case, packing more fluid in to force fluid on the other end out. Where as a particle accellerator uses magnetic fields to draw the 'magic particle whatevers' in a loop until they reach intended velocity, and are then held there until the loop is opened and they fly clear on their own velcotiy.

Quote:
In a beam of war situation, if she doesn't "upkeep" the beam as the same rate it is discharging, she'll lose the battle because the beam will collapse.
So if she can fire the energy continuously, what does she need to charge it for? What would she need cartridges to decrease the 'charge cycle' if she can provide a continuous conversion stream for the duration of the shot?

Quote:
As for the charge up, what happened to incantation (even though its not said, the energy's conversion program is being loaded and formed up), in-body pressurization ... etc?
Not relevant. With a computer doing the work, the incantation pattern would be near instantanious. The computer on RH is fast enough to have real time active semi-sentience. Mathematical manipulation formulae wouldn't even register as processor loading.

It is clearly a charge cycle as the introduction of cartridges shortens her time to fire. And we are told explicitly that cartridges are compressed magical energy. So we KNOW they provide explicitly an energy boost that cuts the charge time out.

Quote:
While I won't deny some percentage of the energy is in the sphere, note what I said about beam of war. Heck, if all the energy is really in the ball, it seems more efficient to just throw the ball at the enemy as you smart-assedly suggest below - say with a ring accelerator like plasma lancer. The fact this isn't done says something about where most of the energy is stored in Divine Buster.

Considering my point about cartridges neutralizes your point about beam O war... It really does seem more efficient to throw the ball, which is what I suggest anyway by turning the beam into a bolt. (A bolt's really just a fancy name for a fast moving ball in this case.) The ball is the buster energy, delivered all at once, in a small nasty package.

Quote:
OK, my mistake in assuming you'll try and answer intelligently. I meant controlled. Now try again.
It was my mistake to think you could handle a joke about an obvious answer.

So go glay dodge ball. There is only one control you need on that ball. "Go thataway!" *BANG!*

It's a straight line weapon. Just as is the buster. No 'controls' are required. Point at desired target, let whatever method you can bake up to accellerate your sphere do it's job, and allow impact to do the rest.

The point remains to take the energy she wastes delivering to a two meter wide surface over six seconds, and pack it down to a nice bundle of energy and smack the target with it all at once rather than drawn out and very inefficient beam.