View Single Post
Old 2012-01-30, 13:28   Link #44
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

@Klashikari

It's not about the circumstances but what the current solution is with regard to things like this in the current system, it's not even just you...
Quote:
As of Episode 08, any mention of the "childish" nature of the character designs will be treated as being off-topic and depending on the severity of the post warnings or infractions could be issued.
And this has been happening for a while. "Stop talking about this" "Topic X has gotten out of hand, stop talking about it". It happens in series threads too, but at least there we can all back you up on this because that's the only available solution when you need to take action like this. I guess in your mind it's somehow equivalent to closing a thread and it's all alright because "it's only X thing" but how am I suppose to know that? I'm not a mind reader, I can't tell where the invisible line is drawn, so for me it might as well be outright censorship. You essentially can't just walk into a thread and talk. You have to second guess yourself on everything you say.

But anyway, going back to the main issue here:

There was still periods of the thread where it was locked, correct? If threads were created beforehand or the discussion moved; and it would be a pretty obvious move if we didn't have such a focus on everything being condensed into episode threads, then even if the issue had emerged it would have only affected itself and the thread in question.

As it stands it's very ambigous what you're position is after the fact when it's all in a single thread. Since the topic is itself ambigous, tribute to the problem we've been mentioning here. If there was a thread, people that didn't even care for that topic wouldn't even have known about your intervention. If you had closed it everyone would know that specific topic wasn't allowed and all the other Kyuube talk or topics would not be affected.

By closing a generic thread and making a generic rule you essentially make everything a lot more complicated for everyone and set all these potholes you need to avoid.

Most of these so called ad humane topics also only seem to be a issue when they happen in a topic that's not particularly dedicated to them; with the exception of just pure flame topics like religion. If the the discussion had it's own topic then only the people interested would go there. You would then not hear complaints since the people that do not care for it would not have to hear about it.

In this sense how does the current system actually help? It seems when anything resembling a "problematic" topic appears it just backfires, and it's also a lot more vulnerable to turning any heated debate into a flame war because it interwindes topics. Do you believe every topic should be for everyone?