View Single Post
Old 2012-09-16, 00:14   Link #468
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
Do not disagree, was merely pointing out it wasn't as cut and dry through my misunderstanding of where VCV stood on things. My mistake.

Either way I still find myself cringing at both candidates and as I said before feels like I have to pick the lesser of two evils, which would probably be Obama (as much as I hate to admit). Honestly I'll probably just end up voting for a third party candidate since I feel better about half of them compared to the main two. I just can't feel good about voting for either Romney or Obama.
For many years, Americans have been saying voting for a president is choosing the lesser of two evils. Definitely was the case in 2004. I voted Kerry, not like I really wanted him to be president, but I didn't feel the Bush admin deserved a round two. In 2008, I was upset with how the GOP had been handling things for years leading up to the 2008 election season, but I was giving McCain a chance and heard what he had to say in debates. Didn't vote for him, but gave him a chance. But this 2012 election? I'm not even considering the GOP at all. They went in decline from 2001 to 2008, but they've been in steep decline from late 2008 to today. Very steep decline. It has been a lot of decline for a political party in a matter of about 11-12 years.