View Single Post
Old 2009-11-21, 19:24   Link #164
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who View Post
Has a higher chance of staying in serialization as opposed to HL imo. Story is more focused and it's not in Jump. :d
Although the storyline from what I've seen is definitely a turnoff to a majority of audiences who are close-minded.
Well calling someone close-minded is way too harsh and rather close-minded itself.

Because frankly when you come to a restaurant and pay for the services and menu you think it will provide what you have paid for but then the label turns out wrong, and instead of chicken soup you get mushroom salads... And when you try to protest waitress comes and waves it off saying that you are too 'close-minded' or picky...

Or maybe a better allegory would be coming to an expensive restaurant and ordering something that has an interesting name to it and you get a nice appetizer and all is fine, but in the end you get a simple hot-dog that you can get in every snack-bar for much cheaper price. But you cannot say you were actually tricked since you never knew what it will be about nor were told in clear terms, you just judged from the former diners you had and from the place itself that this one would be something that this place usually serves...

I think it is understandable for some to feel disappointed and I would not call it close-mindedness, rather - just an irritation over the order not matching the expectations...

Last edited by Darknemo2000; 2009-11-21 at 19:59.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote