Thread: Licensed Sora no Woto
View Single Post
Old 2010-02-24, 19:42   Link #1060
NinjaYali
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Because believe it or not, I am the majority-minority. The rare idiot whose tastes seem to be the almost diametric opposite of most of the board, putting me more in line with the "otaku" that people like to blame across a language barrier and an ocean. I prefer comedy and various types of endings/openings/character songs over any attempts at "seriousness" or even shipping. I don't justify liking shows by saying they are a parody; I just prefer things to be exceptionally silly. And experimental. My ideal of a show is something with Shinbo's animation quirks and Keiichiro Kawaguchi's sense of humor. Most of the shows people list when talking about "serious" shows, I haven't watched the majority of. If I were to use comic books as an analogy, I would be a Silver Age fan.

I am myself, and proud to be myself. Eccentric, twice as prone to puns and wordplay, gimmicks and not being completely straightforward.
Well I appreciate SOW as a experiment but often I keep on finding in trying to be experimental with the genre, it's falling flat on it's face due to it's attempts to balance the two genres it fits into.
NinjaYali is offline   Reply With Quote