View Single Post
Old 2010-11-05, 07:21   Link #11
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
- You have to unlock heroes as you're playing, I get the feeling that many people just stick to a favourite and don't explore the others as freely as in DotA.
- Ganking gives INSANE amounts of money (I've seen up to +1000 gold for stopping a rampage), players are encouraged to bully newbies.
- Runes and mastery also discourage people from having a large repertoire of heroes at their disposal. The bonuses are too small to actually make a difference at first, but on higher levels I suppose people amass their points into one tree for max benefits.
- I can't seem to find the ally chat I take it I'm only given half a min before battle?
- So many leavers, I ended up having to turn a 1v3 of what originally started as 5v5.

Anyways, I'll be active for a while, I'm playing on the EU server so if anyone wants to have a match, leave me a message.
Something I think I should clarify:
- Each week there is a rotation of free heroes for people to try out and decide which one they'd love to buy. I priority favorite champions above Rune, so I still only use the same 2 pages rune for every champions .
- If the same player keep dying, the bounty gets lower (heck, I once reach 90 golds after the 7th deaths). Feeding doesn't give your opponents an edge as high as in DotA/LoL, but still, don't try feeding .
- I'm pretty sure I can do well without mastery or runes (you know, there was a time it's bugging that I couldn't save my mastery). It only give you an addition advantage, where in higher level it does actually matter, but still only a bit.
- I'm not sure which ally chat you mentioned, because you can talk to your team when choosing champion and throughout the whole game. Unless you're talking about voice chat, then it's not been implemented yet (still, I prefer Skype over in-game voice chat, as when I played HoN).
- They are develop anti-leaver system at the moment. It has been addressed so many times, so all we can do now is waiting.

Btw, if you ever want to set foot to NA server, then give me a call, DSveno ^^. I couldn't play in EU server because of the lagging, though.

P.S: Even though the pace of the game make me feel like the community of LoL is better than HoN/DotA (people are actually helping each other, participating in team combat, pushing when needed), it's not something to bragging about, because retards and assholes are everywhere, and LoL is no exception.