View Single Post
Old 2010-07-13, 19:49   Link #10
Aikousha
^_^

I could actually do all of that, provided the scripts. However, even though I'm Asian, my family has been in the US for more than 100 years, and my Gram, even though fluent in both Japanese and Mandarin, didn't teach me any of it. So I have almost no language skill, whatsoever, in anything but English. My timing skills are perfect, but I refuse to encode in anything but .avi and .mp4, and sometimes .mov when doing a re-edit, on a masterfile (therefore the masterfile is unchanged and you get a 2MB .mov file which shows the movie in a different form). I won't do matroska until it is fixed for all platforms, and fixed in general.
I am hesitant to take on projects, since I started to do Dirty Pair TV backwards from 26. I was in the middle of 25 when NOZOMI licensed it, so before I had even posted 26, it got yanked out from under me. That was about a month of research and asset collecting (including scripts, raws, learning all the nuances of the names, places, and terms from the show), and then another month of actual work. It ended up being two months wasted, and all I have to show for it are a test DVD and an .avi file I cannot legally distribute. (made me want to cry). It did please my anime club, though they had nothing to do with it.
So, if someone were to "give" me scripts and the raws, along with a good place to get all the background info I need (I don't know this series anymore than any other watcher, who's been watching these eps), I might give it a shot. But, if you think about just doing that, you'll realize why I'd be hesitant.
In reality, I can do all the technical stuff, but it would be real nice to have someone else doing a real translation. And the only person I know of, personally, who could do that, is so flaky, I couldn't even promise 2 episodes from her.

And, on that note, I noticed all the previous DOMO torrents have long since died, so in just a few minutes (since I am about to archive the eps to DVD-R), I am going to seed them again. Further details see the posting under Seeding Magical Fairy Persia.
Aikousha is offline   Reply With Quote