Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Uchuu Kyoudai (Space Brothers)
View Single Post
Old 2012-10-07, 10:23   Link #598
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

This show takes a consistently positive view toward America, more than any anime I have watched. How about that landing scene with NASA jets in the heroic role usually assigned to the USAF? Always nice to let a bunch of sky jockeys strut their stuff in front of their families. With such an upbeat tone throughout this show, anti-Americanism would strike the wrong note, but Space Brothers goes out of its way to portray NASA and Americans in general as a bit weird but well-intentioned and warm-hearted. It's a far cry from George Bush and Condolezza Rice in the Oval Office conspiring with the forces of darkness in Blood+.

I presume Apo will accompany Mutta in all encounters with Serika from now on. Good boy, Apo!

I take it they will all return to Houston after Hibito's launch with Mutta taking over the house and Apo's care from Hibito. What a good excuse to ask Serika over to see his new home and let her get better acquainted with her new-found object of canine admiration. Maybe he can show off his barbecuing skiills, too. Food seems an especially effective route to Serika's heart.

I am a bit concerned about Mutta's housekeeping skills, though. Hibito seemed fairly obsessed with neatness; I'm not so sure about Mutta. Gotta keep the house neat if you want Serika to drop by. I assume Mom and Dad will go home after the launch, unless Mom thinks she needs to look after Mutta in a way she didn't feel Hibito needed. Dad is a hoot in his understated way.

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2012-10-07 at 10:37.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote