View Single Post
Old 2007-12-14, 11:14   Link #216
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Ok, I have yet to see an intelligent argument as to how this show has good writing. The pros so far seems more like a fans blantely defending something they're a fan of. The "well, it happens in real life" isn't a good argument. In literature, we stand at a different perspective, one cannot hope to realize in our 1st person world. There were many things the writer(s) could've done to make it feel that Asami was the one who did it. And no, a shakey eye moment at the theme park isn't enough >_>...

Like for example; they could've at least shown more obvious hints that she had some sort of feelings for Shuri, we don't need to know that she confessed before yet, we just need to know that some sort of "feelings" are there. Then throw in some things like sometime during the show inner thoughts were discussed but for some reason she avoided the discussion. Have some scenes where it looked like Asami is just lost in thought for some reason, like when she part ways from Shuri after a night out with the gang. Then on the night before the letter was touched upon, show a shadowy figure in front of a computer typing something, make it indistiguishable from the mom and her. All these little things can be overlooked by a normal viewer, and to some, they'll just think she's gay, but never psycho gay that would be the plot twist.
Can't speak for others, but I agree with the criticisms that the plot writing wasn't very strong. I'm only speaking out against those that say this particular plot development is trash because there were not very many hints. The lead up is trash, but the event itself shouldn't be considered trash because of the events leading up to it. Everyone knew that Asami had something to do with the twins after the theme park episode, we just didn't know what. Perhaps they could've portrayed more of a relationship between Shuri and Asami to give this more of a backup. From what I saw, Asami only hung around Sana, it didn't seem like they were good friends. Yet people really are being too critical and harsh on this series because it is only 13 episodes long and they were not able to fit everything in properly I'm guessing.
---
To serenade_beta

This discussion feels like a Melancholy of Haruhi discussion now lol, so yea lets not spin this circle any further.