View Single Post
Old 2009-08-18, 08:49   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 554 (manga)

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Geez, this one's a doozy! Credit goes to aohige for translation:

-The Chopper ministory continues, though the contents of it weren't specified yet. Chapter title is "Admiral Akainu".

-It turns out that Marco IS a phoenix Zoan, as many have guessed. It's actually a Zoan that's even rarer than a Logia, and can regenerate any wound with its flames. Kizaru fights against the phoenix man, but none of their attacks are effective against each other.....

-Jozu hurls an Iceburg at Akainu, but the admiral promptly destroys it with magma (urgh.... magma Logia confirmation ). Akainu then attacks Whitebeard as well, but the mighty king of the sea catches it with his spear.

-Even more characters are shown fighting. One of them is, interestingly enough, a descendant of zombie Oz from Thriller Bark, Oz Jr., who wants to help save Ace. Moria says he wants to steal the giant's corpse (). Doflamingo says that he's quite excited......

Man, this is insane! though, I was kinda hoping that Marco and Akainu's fruits were a little less predictable (particularly Akainu)..... oh, well. At least Marco's fruit is unique in the fact that it's a combination of both Zoan AND Logia. I think this now raises the chances of a dragon Zoan appearing in the series at some point.....

Heh, I was actually pleasantly surprised to find out about Oz Jr. I actually sorta am hoping that Moria gets him to fight by his side, heh. And I'm guessing from Doflamingo's dialogue that we'll finally see him in action in the next chapter. Hmmm, I wonder how many more crazy new characters are going to appear in this storyline.....?

Edit: Hmmm... It seems that the phoenix fruit is specifically classified as being a "Mythical"-type Zoan. If that's true, then that makes them all the more awesome. Heh, looks like I've got a little more of something to add to the Zoan discussion thread once the full chapter comes out......

Last edited by marvelB; 2009-08-18 at 14:19.