View Single Post
Old 2018-10-09, 09:08   Link #9583
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

^Holy shit that is not even remotely the problem.

Yes, I said someone can't do it. Doesn't mean that person cannot learn.

Again, let me repeat this.

"The issue is, those players did NOT put in effort, time, commitment and practice. The fact that in alternate reality they could, means absolutely nothing."

Your argument that "well if they DID practice and get better they'd be just as good!" is irrelevant until it's a reality. Quite frankly it's a impossibly dumb hill you chose to die on. I'm not doubting the POTENTIAL of someone, just their current skillset. IF and BUTS are by nature, exactly that, theoretical.

Again, let me REPEAT myself.

"I have the potential to play in the NBA if I got off my ass and practice basketball."
This is a dumb as all hell logic, it does by no means make me equal to an NBA player.

This isn't shitting on people with low skills, it's simply stating the fact. They may have higher priorities and cannot bother to learn how to play better. That's perfectly fine. It doesn't make them WORSE a person, just worse a performer in that particular game.
And they are still deserving of content for their difficulty, which Blizzard agrees. Thus going back to my point that there are more tiers and diversity for every player now than ever. That's the road they chose, and it was inevitable.

Quote:
Having more time available doesn't make you a better player.
I do not. The playtime of most of these players quite often exceed mine.
Later during Legion I only logged on three days a week, of those two of them were just the raid nights. 2 and half hour each. The other was a mythic+ night, if I didn't have one scheduled before or after raid.
The TIME you spend is not the issue, what you do with it is.

It's one those classic "lol raiders have no life" talk that have no basis in facts.
Outside of mythic raiding, casual raiding (normal, heroic) is only about TIMING, not total time available.
Quite frankly, the biggest contributing factor to this is finding guilds and community to play with.

Hate to say this but I'm gonna ignore your replies now, the lack of logic is giving me physical pain.

Last edited by aohige; 2018-10-09 at 09:39.
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote