View Single Post
Old 2009-09-27, 23:09   Link #49
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
By the way, for some reason my account doesn't work on the Wiki site. It says "You have not specified a valid user name." Is it still working for everyone else? I wouldn't mind going in and making a few corrections to what's in there, at least.
That might have something to do with the code I wrote to convert whatever username you may have entered at the login screen to the same case as on the forum, and MediaWiki attempting to enforce it's page title requirements upon usernames.

Meaning, "slice of life" => "Slice of Life" works fine, because it's an acceptable page title. But "relentlessflame" => "relentlessflame" is rejected, because MedaWiki insists on having a page title start with a capitalized letter.

I've now made a small change that will return the username back to MediaWiki the way it wants, so "relentlessflame" => "Relentlessflame". I figured that would be easier than try to hack MediaWiki into accepting anything as username, which might open up all kinds of other gotcha's.

Anyway, assuming that was the problem you were having, you should be able to login now.

Edit:
Sorry, I noticed I changed the wrong line. It should now really work.

Last edited by GHDpro; 2009-09-28 at 03:14.
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote