View Single Post
Old 2008-11-18, 06:12   Link #677
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
Liddo-kun, I believe it is because of the code generator takes too long and the rules are quite complicated that Japan Saimoe has the least participant from outer region, thus quite negating your opinion about Ranka's popularity in the world
Actually, it is because the voting process takes a long time and is complicated means that only the most dedicated anime fans would have the patience to vote in it. Japanese Saimoe is actually accused of being elitist by supporters of the other moe tournaments (I won't name names though, don't want to flamebait certain people )

Quote:
Besides, what BetoJR said is that Sheryl is so NOT moe Ranka falls into that category, but Sheryl is definitely not. It is such that the voters, who may not know of the series and only vote for whom they think is the moe-est (Read : Cute, Blush, big, round eyes, lolis/flat chest, perhaps a combination with tsundere personality) visually. Sheryl is so far from cute, so far from having flat chest and so many moe category. Her passing the prelim round is actually a surprise for me in Japan Saimoe
I agree with you here 100%.

Quote:
Please note that Japan Saimoe doesn't really say that certain character is very popular around the world. In fact, I believe I haven't known Kirino nor Bamboo Blade before this year's Saimoe.
That's your personal opinion and I'll leave it at that.

I lack the interest to argue further, since as I've been implying before in a previous post - I'm not a Ranka shipper.
Just someone who voted Ranka on this poll because I found her cuter and I like her songs a little bit more than Sheryl's songs.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2008-11-18 at 07:28.