Thread: Licensed Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
View Single Post
Old 2012-08-01, 03:22   Link #408
AmeNoJaku
Franco's Phalanx is next!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
I don't think all those cases of viewers getting confused was strictly the fault of the subtitles. One of them I will fully admit was wholly my own fault. The subtitles themselves have been fine.
Of course not! Episodes 1-3, particulalry 3 had subbing problems. Another factor is that a lot of information is either considered a spoiler (for example here) or is non-existent (in other otherwise informative anime sites). Add to that 2channers' trolling and you get a lot of viewers confused. This didn't happen last year with Mawaru Penguin Drum for example, which was even more complicated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iby View Post
Well, Romeo's writing is superb and I'm not criticizing him.
BTW speaking of preorders...

As you can see, the last episode didn't go very well with it's audience.
I disagree with the assessment, the first two arcs were more referential, while this one more approachable abroad, that alone can explain the trend since the consumer base has well known quirks that do not converge with the preferences of foreigners.

As for the direction, I think the second arc had the most brilliant approach with a very difficult script to adapt (visually). The current arc, I will agree that seems inferior, but I'd rather wait the completion of the arc before judging.

It's a little naive to judge series by episode, I understand that it is common because of the need of financers and the audience to decide upon devoting resources, but artistically it's the least unfair.
AmeNoJaku is offline   Reply With Quote