View Single Post
Old 2012-11-30, 09:12   Link #11229
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
I surmise from this that you don't really know what a hater is. In fact, I didn't mention you, or anyone specifically as a hater.

FYI, the term "haters gonna hate" isn't about proving that my opinion is the right one or that any opposing opinion is invalid.

It's about not letting the opinions of other people bother you, because as you yourself pointed out, everyone has different opinions, and no one's opinion is greater than anyone's. So you can stop with the strawman argument.
I think the point was that just because someone's opinion is directly against yours, doesn't mean they're a "hater". While in some context, "haters gonna hate" does make some sense, recently it's simply become a defense against one's own silliness. For example, people criticize Chris Brown, he says "haters gonna hate" as if to diffuse the whole thing. While it isn't the same situation for anyone here, I can see how people can view that saying negatively when a buncha idiots on the internet use it to defend themselves as if they were actually justified.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote