Thread: Ridiculous OP
View Single Post
Old 2018-06-07, 22:09   Link #1
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Ridiculous OP

I've lately found I love OP characters whose powers are taken to absurd levels with comic results. Naturally the obvious One Punch Man need not be mentioned, as Saitama pretty much reigns supreme. Also familiar with Saiki K. Looking for other new stuff with the same sort of comedy.

Aside from OPM, I think my recent favorite example of this is in the light novel and upcoming anime "Didn't I Say to Make My Abilities Average in the Next Life?!". In this series, a girl who never had any friends because she was too "perfect" dies and is given a chance to be reborn in a magic world with any abilities she wants, and as the title suggests she begs the God in question to make her perfectly average. Unfortunately, this god's method of taking averages leaves something to be desired, as it resulted in her being a high-ranked noble (half way between king and slave in simple rank) with half the magic, physical strength and speed of an Elder Dragon, the most powerful being on the planet, making her stats about 8,000 times that of a normal human. She desperately tries to be "average" while failing miserably (and failing to notice this).
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote