View Single Post
Old 2006-01-21, 12:45   Link #450
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86
Why are the dom pilots still alive? Because of teamwork.

That's just about the most ridiculous display of teamwork I have ever seen. How many times could that orange haired woman say "for Lacus-sama!" before doing that very spectacular Power Rangers dive into the poor hapless grunts?

The fact that they are also members of the Lacus Brigade begs no question as to why too, REALLY.

Quote:
Heine could have returned? How? Holding his torso in his disembodied forearms? TMR COULD ONLY WORK ON SO MANY EPISODES, OKAY? THE MOMENT TMR SAYS "GTG PPLZ" his character DIES. Or would you just have Heine stick around playing Mr. Mute?
Seriously, what is the purpose of introducing a character when you're only going to kill him off after 3 episodes? Heine's character got SO much more development than Kira and his Love Union squeezed into those 3 eps.

If Heine lived, GSD could've taken a different, more likable route (in my opinion).

Quote:
Rey could have lived with pills, or did you forget about all of Rau's suffering? He even said "I DON'T HAVE LONG TO LIVE, SHINN, AFTER ALL, I AM A CLONE."
I don't see what you're trying to get at here.

Shinn looked really worried, sad and helpless to help Rey. It's not as if we completely forgot about Rau's suffering. But it does not mean that all pill popping people should be wiped from the face of the planet just because of that. His character was just totally wasted, like Shinn's.

Quote:
Talia might have been angry at Durandall, but above that anger she was in love with him. Or just because a husband and wife fight they have to instantly divorce?
We are all fools in love, aren't we?

Quote:
Kira: Yes, he's a god-moder...so what do you call Shinn doing in episode 38 five tims over what he and Kira needed an entire episode 32 to do together? That's not god-mode? What about Rey just completely obliterating the Girty Lue and DBZing off Jibril? Hmmm, taking down a battleship in all of thirty seconds with a single mobile suit...not godmoding at all!
The fact remains that it was explained why Shinn had gotten to that level whereas Kira's GOD moding wasn't thoroughly explained. Just because Lacus gave him a cool new toy to play with instantly made him out to the GOD of CE and it's just not right. And please remember that given Kira's situation a series ago, Shinn had too much of the enemy coming at him in waves, who want him dead. Kira only had ZAFT to deal with back then. Shinn has EA, Orb and the Archangel plus its ridiculous GOD suit, Freedom. And they were all out for Minerva's hide. And also remember that the Minerva crew were all tossed into one battle situation after the other, each one even more horrid than the last. They were also going on limited supplies (after that very hasty trip out of Orb, it's pretty much a no-man's land for them until they reached Carpentaria and it's not just regular grunts they were dealing with, too). It's pretty much understood why Shinn has to go off like a Berserker.

Quote:
Cagalli: Let's see you try to run a country. Go ahead. We'll make a country and call it dom33's country, and give it a population of a small town. Try to make everyone happy...let alone an entire country, one that is very influential and is a target by many political forces. As for a boy, that was the POINT. She is a tomboy.
It's not about Cagalli. It's her steadfast belief in her father's ideals, the very same ideals that burned down Orb a series ago, then in GSD. It's pretty unreal to think of a country running solely on ideals which is very in real world sense. They won't survive, even if their leader is an 18 year old tomboy as you say, Demongod.

Quote:
Lacus: tell me, does she actually DO something besides covert operations? No. So she better be DAMN GOOD at what she does to be the main character's girlfriend.
It was shown that she actually didn't do anything at all, just make nonsensical speeches and make the world go round at the sound of her voice and sparkle of her magical pink pixie dust. Fukuda was the one who only made it that way. Remember, we had no idea in hell WTF Terminal was until Lacus got assassinated by the "Coordinator" team sent by Dullindal.

Quote:
Athrun: Backstabber? Oh gee, you wouldn't get the hell out if someone showed you that you were being spied on, and that the higher-ups were suspicious of you, then having soldiers knock on your door? Really, you'd just open the door and say "come on in, soldiers, want to have some tea? Oh, the chairman wanted me eliminated? Well, here's my face, feel free to shoot anytime!"
Athrun was one confused guy. I hate Fukuda for turning him into...a mindless person. Athrun's Obi Wan Kenobi relationship with Shinn Anakin Skywalker is one of the things why GSD failed.

Quote:
Andrew: Or starship captain.
Murrue: Okay, we get it, you're a hopeless Shinn fanboy. If Shinn wins, it's because of skill as a pilot and strategy, never mind turning five destroys into grunts. If Kira or the Tri-Ships-Alliance win, IT MUST BE A PLOT DEVICE! Here's a hint, the only reason Kira lost in ep 34 was that Fukuda needed to have a good reason to roll out Strike Freedom. Unless you can provide me with a better reason.
After coming out of obscurity with much of their former skills intact (and to which we say, even "improved" as with the rest of the Clyne Faction crew), it is a plot device. Arguing that they were out of service for 2 years does not make them forget their fighting prowess or whatever, is like saying Kira got "Newtype" after staring at the sea for 2 years and getting better at Freedom rainbow spam attack while at it too. For one thing, they couldn't be seen hanging around Orb military facilities because they're wanted by their respective countries/factions, and the fact that the supposed ignorant emirs of Orb (only Athrun and Cagalli should know of their existence) could recognize them and before we know it, there would have been an earlier emir revolt if we're going to talk about Orb ideals of not interfering with other countries' dilemmas or diplomatic situations or what have you. And maybe kill off the GODLY cast before making their debut in GSD (not that I'm complaining). So it's all plot device.

Want more proof? Watch the hideous PHASE 50 again.

Quote:
Mwu: Well, they REALLY weren't making much of a big deal about his death. GS 49: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, MWUUUUUUUUU! LOHENGRIN, FIRE!!! And then we forgot about the entire ordeal. Or if Neo wasn't Mwu, what would you have done with him? All of his extended are dead, the EA army is utterly no match for one little ship and its 3 gundams, is he just going to sit back and say "ah, shit, oh well?" and proceed to eat Destiny's cannon?
Neo totally destroyed it all for GSD, with his resurrection. He's the coup de grace or whatever that sealed its fate, using that plot device of all plot devices Akatsuki to bring even more injustice to this crap.

Quote:
You REALLY have no idea what it takes to put an anime or any form of writing together, do you dom33? In fact, here's a little challenge: to show you know a SHRED about storytelling, write a 5000 word original short story about anything you like and post it somewhere people can see it. No need to develop characters too much, just a quick one-event blurb to make us realize you know something about the elements of plot and characterization.
Now this is just harsh. Just because he sees it differently doesn't mean he can't differentiate good anime/story from one that is a complete dud.

But I thought you hated fan fiction?

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!
Eidolon Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote